Weekly Reading Round-Up
March 23rd, 2018

I’ve been chugging away on the new book (well, a slow chug, but still a chug), so there hasn’t been terribly much reading time this week. But, when I can, I’ve been sneaking away to steal a chapter or two of Anthony Horowitz’s murder mystery, The Word is Murder, in which the author inserts himself as a protagonist in the story, shadowing a grumpy detective around London.

What have you been reading this week?

12 Responses to “Weekly Reading Round-Up”

1. Laura says:

Making my way through Hamilton’s Battalion: A trio of romances. Courtney Milan’s story was awesome. I also enjoyed Rose Lerner’s story (the first I’ve read her) and I’m getting ready to start Allysa Cole’s (also a first). Also, just trying to re-read Alisha Rai’s Wrong to Need You while I’m impatiently awaiting Tuesday’s release of Hurts to Love You

2. Randy Ruddle says:

I’ve been reading through Deanna Raybourn’s Veronica Speedwell series. Love it!

3. Susan says:

Simone St. James’s The Broken Girls – excellent! Also Snowdrift, a collection of short stories by Georgette Heyer – simply delightful.

• DJL says:

All the Georgette Heyer short stories are wonderful! I have her original collection, Pistols for Two, but when Snowdrift came out I quickly snapped that up too as it has a few additional short stories by her that I think had only been published in magazines up until then. She’s simply The Best :)

4. DJL says:

I read Dreaming of Manderley by Leah Marie Brown, a light, modern take on Rebecca, and it was fun–and the setting in the south of France can’t be beat :)
    Also re-read some short story collections of Agatha Christie, Poirot’s short stories and The Golden Ball & other mysteries. In the latter collection is “The Listerdale Mystery,” which is in my opinion simply superb–whenever I read it, I always long for a film version, perhaps a 60-90 minute PBS production…
    And finally, started Zemindar by Valerie Fitzgerald, which I’ve seen mentioned on this site and elsewhere numerous times but never got around to until now: so far it’s great!

5. I’m reading Tracy Grant’s “Midwinter Intrigue.” Another wonderful installment in Tracy’s Malcolm and Suzanne Rannoch mysteries.

6. Miss Eliza says:

Last year I started V.E. Schwab’s Regency esque Shades of Magic series and kind of didn’t finish, so I’m re-reading the first two, A Darker Shade of Magic and A Gathering of Shadows before finishing the final book.

7. Betty Strohecker says:

I’m about to finish the first book in Victoria Thompson’s Gaslight series, Murder on Astor Place, and then will start Murder on St. Mark’s Place.