Weekly Reading Round-Up
May 12th, 2017

This week, most of my reading was for a contest, which makes for a rather dull round-up, since I’m not allowed to talk about any of it. But… I am in desperate need of post-contest-reading recommendations.

What have you been reading this week? And what have you read recently that you’ve loved?

15 Responses to “Weekly Reading Round-Up”

1. LynnS says:

I’m hoping to start Curtis Sittenfeld’s Eligible this weekend.

2. Sheila says:

I have discovered Ashley Gardner’s Captain Lacey series, along the lines of Sebastian St. Cyr or Julian Kestrel, and the kindle versions are very reasonable.
    I also really enjoyed Twelve Drummers Drummer by CC Benson, the first in a series of cozies. Like most modern ones, this has bit of the modern mores to it.

3. Lauren H says:

I just finished Amor Towles’ A Gentleman in Moscow, about a former Count sentenced to permanent house arrest in a hotel under the new Bolshevik regime. It was amazing, and beautiful, and the ending left me in tears.

4. Susan says:

I have been re-reading books by the incomparable Beatriz Williams. Right now in the midst of The Secret Life of Violet Grant. So good. Impatiently waiting for her next book!

5. Sherri says:

I started Villa Triste by Lucretia Grindle. I only just started but it seems very intense in a good way.

6. Miss Eliza says:

I just finished re-reading Pride and Prejudice (and am now watching the Colin Firth miniseries) while I dive into re-reading Mansfield Park. It’s a glorious time to re-read all of Austen!

7. Alice says:

Finished “My Grandmother Wants Me to Tell You She’s Sorry” by Fredrik Backman. Fantastic! It brought tears to me eyes. I love “A Man Called Ove” and this was a very worthy follow up. Started a new series “A Murder In Time” and the sequel “A Twist in Time” by Julie McElwain. About a female FBI agent transported back to 19th century England. I’m not a huge fan of time travel books but this really drew me in. A modern day women trying to solve crime in a very un-modern era. Can’t wait for the next book in the series!

8. Betty Strohecker says:

I just finished The Other Daughter – what took me so long! I loved this book, Lauren, and have now read all of yours. Your note at the end about first time writing a single narrative, single point of view book – job welldone!

I also read an arc of Tracy Grant’s Gilded Deceit which releases Monday – another good book!

9. Catherine Ristola Bass says:

I am working my way through my daughters’ old YA books now that have gone off and left me behind. I really enjoyed the Two Princesses of Bamarre, Ella Enchanted (Levine), the Seer and the Sword (Hanley), and The Thief (Megan Whalen Turner).YA has great depth, but is a nice quick read.

• Tara says:

I absolutely love anything by Gail Carson Levine. The Two Princesses of Bamarre is one of my favorites!

10. Carla says: