DC Signing on Wednesday!
July 13th, 2009

The countdown to RWA begins! I’m kicking off conference mania with the Literacy Book Signing, which runs from 5:30 to 7:30 on the evening of Wednesday the 15th at the Marriott Wardman Park Exhibit Hall.

Note: despite my typo on the sidebar, the book signing only takes place on the 15th. Not the 16th shall you count, nor the 17th, but only the 15th.

Is it a bad sign that I haven’t even made it to the conference yet and I’m already gratuitously misquoting Monty Python?

See you there!

13 Responses to “DC Signing on Wednesday!”

1. Georgia says:

Hi Lauren,

This is not completely related, but it is too funny not to pass on(Pride and Prejudice meets Twitter):

2. Lauren says:

Georgia, I love it! Did you see the facebook feed P&P that was making the rounds a few months ago?

3. Georgia says:

No, but I would love to!

4. Kristen says:

I am so disappointed. I was planning on going up to DC for the signing but I offically have to be in town for jury duty all week. I hope who ever gets to go has fun for me!

5. am7 says:

Oh my God, I love those P&PS! Thank you so much for sharing! I don’t know how to repay you except to maybe find a good link that describes the alien version of P &P that Elton John is currently turning into a musical. However I am bad at finding links.

6. lAUra says:

those were the 2 most amazing things i have ever read. besides your books lauren ;)! has anyone read pride & prejudice and zombies? it’s on sale at wal-mart and looks very tempting.
    ~lAUra

7. lAUra says:

ever read phantom of the opera in 15 minutes? contains elements of the movie, musical and the book.

hilarious! (has some bad language though).

~lAUra

8. Lauren says:

Hysterical! The bit about Empress Sisi’s hand me downs is genius. I’m glad I’m not the only one who was thinking that while watching it….

I also loved:
    “ANDRE: Hey, we’re all French, right?

FIRMIN: Last time I checked, yes.

ANDRE: Well, then why is she the only one with a French accent?”

Hee hee.

9. Kristen says:

hey lAUra, I have P&P & Zombies. I found it to be pretty funny and very entertaining. As much as I adore Jane Austin, it’s always fun to see the great books getting poked at a bit. :)

Oh- These links really are fun! Thanks for sharing ladies!

10. I’ve been trying to get through P&P&Z and I just can’t get into it. My problem is that it’s just the text from the book slightly altered with random bits about zombies, there’s no integration of zombies into the overall story arc. I’d say a better writer could have done a better job, right now it’s a funny concept badly executed.

11. lAUra says:

yes, i love all madame giry’s lines.
    “zat iz muh dohtair!”
    hehe! it seems like movies set in exotic locals cast one or two people to have ‘authentic’ accents and then everyone else is a ‘neutral european’ a.k.a.- British.

thanks for the feedback kristen and miss eliza! :) you’ve helped me decide.
    ~lAUra